Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Bloody Weekend

One Dead, Seven Wounded in Night of Violence

By David Greene

BRONX, NEW YORK, SEPTEMBER 9- The latest series of weekend violence across the borough and around the city, has left one man dead and seven injured.

Officers from the 44th Precinct were called to E. 158 Street and Park Avenue at 3 a.m. on Saturday, September 7. The male victim was discovered in the street across from the Jackson Houses, he had been shot several times in his chest and shoulder.

Police say the victim, identified as Karshon Brooks, 26, of Brooklyn, was pronounced dead upon his arrival at Lincoln Hospital.

A second victim, only identified as a 21-year-old male managed to seek refuge inside of 3073 Park Avenue after being shot in the left leg. He was also transported to Lincoln Hospital and was expected to recover. Cops say the injured victim was an innocent bystander.

Detectives report no arrests or motive in the case.

The violence began at 8:25 the previous evening when three men were discovered shot outside of 1187 Anderson Avenue in the Melrose section. Police say a 30-year-old man was shot in the abdomen and shoulder, a 23-year-old male was shot in the thigh and another 23-year-old man was grazed to the hand.

All three victims were transported to Lincoln Hospital and expected to recover. Police were looking for the shooter, described as a male Hispanic wearing an orange shirt, blue jeans and a green Yankees baseball cap who fled northbound on Anderson.

At just before midnight another man was wounded at 345 Cypress Avenue in the Mott Haven section. The unidentified victim was recovering at a local hospital.

Another unidentified male was wounded on the corner of Neill Avenue and Hone Avenue in the Morris Park section. The 38-year-old victim was shot in the thigh and is said to be recovering at Montefiore North Hospital.

Westchester police were also investigating the wounding of a 20-year old man who was shot in the chest along Mount Vernon Avenue and North Bleeker Street.

Police say the unidentified victim had been previously stabbed back in April. He was taken to Jacobi Hospital where he was listed in stable condition. Police sources say two suspects were captured shortly after the 1 a.m. shooting, but had not yet been charged.  

No comments: